Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Don't follow the rules I declare ==> disasters

An Iranian imam (Ayatollah Aziz Khoshvaqt) has recently pronounced that women with immodest dress and behavior cause earthquakes.  But before we feel too superior, let's remember our own Pat Robertson:

[on a gay pride parade] I would warn Orlando that you're right in the way of some serious hurricanes, and I don't think I'd be waving those flags in God's face if I were you ... a condition like this will bring about the destruction of your nation.  It'll bring terrorist bombs;  it'll bring earthquakes, tornadoes, and possibly a meteor.
Apparently these preachers are declaring themselves to be prophets, and are receiving word directly from higher powers.  Or maybe all that time being treated like they're wise and full of truth (when they really have no special knowledge) eventually leads to a real disconnect with reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment